Friday 19 October 2012

Make : Christmas Cake

Christmas : 9 weeks to go...

 Christmas cakes are best made eight weeks before they are needed; maturing a rich fruit cake gives a much better taste. Next week is the ideal time to get it made.
 I love making Christmas cake as it really kick starts thinking about Christmas. I follow Delia Smith's classic Rich Fruit Cake recipe, from her classic book 'Delia's Complete Cookery Course'
 To be prepared here are the ingredients that I'll need to get this weekend:


 I love a cake that has taken real time and effort to make, the fact that you can attend to it over the weeks to give it a 'feed', and that ultimately you can be creative decorating it. The fact that everyone can share it at Christmas is even better.
 Over the coming weeks I'll be showing my progress and I'll put the recipe into the 'Make' section of this blog.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...