Friday 12 October 2012

Black Storm : Kitchen Aid

My new gadget : Kitchen Aid Artisan Mixer

 I've wanted a Kitchen Aid for a very long time. My want has, of course, been further heightened by 'The Great British Bakeoff'. At last I've taken the plunge and bought one.
 I chose the Black Storm Artisan Kitchen Aid with glass bowl.  
 It looks amazing in my kitchen: seen here with my Marcel Wanders glass cake stand, which will be filled with homemade bakes very soon.


 So the first bake I attempted in my new Artisan Kitchen Aid had to be my 'signature' Mini Victoria Sponges. I found using the machine to be so effortless, and it mixes so quickly and efficiently.


The quickness and efficiency of the Kitchen Aid was it's initial downfall though. I have made the mini sponges countless times by the old fashioned wooden spoon method.  I guess over time I have mastered the exact consistency of the mix, and the correct amount of mixture to put in the baking tray.
 With this new extra fluffy, extra airy mix - less is definitely more, and I'll have to control the amount of mix better next time, this will create more uniform rise.


 The Mini Victoria Sponges are so delicious and light. The cream whipped up in mere seconds (rather than the 5 minutes it used to take by hand)


 Black Storm Artisan Kitchen Aid : Kitchen Aid
 Marcel Wanders @ Marks & Spencer :  M&S
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...