Sunday 8 April 2012

A clean out, discovery and re-work

Re-visiting the wardrobe

 Back in the day, I used to make T-shirts for Chris and I to wear out each week. During a wardrobe spring clean I discovered one I made to wear to Madonna's Re-Invention tour back in August 2004.  Chris had a 'Madonna does it better' T, after Madonna's infamous 'Italian's do it better' T.  I remember Will Young approached Chris at the show to say how much he liked it.
 Mine was based around a Madonna dollar bill-:

My Madonna dollar T

It's a bit worn now (it's almost 8 years old) - but I was impressed (!) by how much detail I'd put into it. I've got a $1 dollar bill in my Filofax, and comparing the two - I got a lot of the original detail in.

One Madonna dollar
 So, on a slightly different vein, and to 're-visit an old skill and utilize on it' - I decided to use this idea as a basis for a gift voucher for a friend.
 It's for a Champagne tasting at a local wine merchant, which hopefully is going to be a great night. Not as much detail in this one, and a bit more sketchy - but I think the overall effect is good. And quite pleased I was a bit old school and just used pen and paper, rather than Adobe Illustrator for this.

Champagne tasting invite

So hopefully I'll write about the event later on in the month - It looks great and is part of my 'bringing a bit of SA home with me', and also re-discovering and utilizing my local area...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...